Seeking help to reinstall my encrypt ssl certificate

Greetings MikeMcQ:
My encrypt SSL expired on 7/29 - in which I believed my engineer was on top of because he had been renewing the expiration dates until now. Since then, my engineer has not responded to my inquiries. So, I am seeking help to reinstall my encrypt ssl certificate. My review of this support board lends me to provide the following information, in order to receive step by step constructive help.

1. My current domains are: kwevradio.com; and commutersjukeboxseries.com
  2. I have not ran any command;
  3. My web server is Lite Linux VPS;
  4. The operating system my web server runs on is Window Server 2022
  5. My hosting provider is Data Base Mart, LLC , 257 Westwood Dr., League City, TX 77573
  6. I am sure whether I can login to a root shell on my machine, or if I'm able to login to a control panel to manage my site, and/or the version of the client certbot if any. If you need any more info - please let me know and I will try to provide the info.

Thanking you in advance,
KWEV

1 Like

Hi @kwevradio.com, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

This is a critical piece of information.
Without which it is very difficult to provide accurate help.
You might want to reach out to your HSP (Hosting Service Provider) and ask them about the plan you have and how you might be able to issue LE certificates.
With that information, we can then better assist you with.

3 Likes

No recent request as viewed from Certificate Transparency logs for your domains:

2 Likes

Note: There are six names that appear on both of the active certs:

3 Likes

Good point. A few months back (I think) crt.sh changed the display to only show names related to the search term. Thus certs with mixed names don't show completely.

The tool below shows all the names. Unless there is a non-LE cert in the history then it shows nothing!
https://tools.letsdebug.net/cert-search

4 Likes

To obtain some information on the domain using Rex Swain's HTTP Viewer

Request:

GET http://kwevradio.com/ HTTP/1.1
Host: kwevradio.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:103.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/103.0
Referer: Rex Swain's HTTP Viewer
Connection: Close

Response Header:

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Connection: close
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 20:03:36 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips PHP/5.4.16
Content-Length: 230
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Access-Control-Allow-Headers Content-Type
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: POST, PUT, GET, DELETE, OPTIONS

2 Likes

The "good news" (so far):

• The IP (without SNI) responds with a self-signed cert that matches the user:

That means it is very likely using a dedicated IP and VM.

The "bad news" (so far):

• without root access, there may be no way to make any changes to that system
3 Likes

I am confused here you say first your web server is on Lite Linux VPS and second my web server runs on is Window Server 2022. This seem inconsistent to me.

I do find SSD-Based Linux VPS Hosting
and Cheap Windows VPS Hosting
on Database Mart LLC site.

1 Like

I am assuming it is really CentOS Linux from
Server: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips PHP/5.4.16

Thus you should have shell access. If you can do sudo then you have root shell access too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.