Secured out of my own Hostname on Server

I setup the Let’S Encrypt through the control panel of Webmin/Virtualmin.

I had the choice to request a certificate for “domains associated with this server” or “domains listed here”

The former listed the 2 domain names on the virtual server, and the latter listed the server’s host domain name.

I chose the former thinking that the current LE certificate was covering the hostname domain.

I then requested (re-requested) the certificate.

Mistake.

Now I can access any of the virtual server domain names from any browser (great!) - but have blocked access to the hostname domain thus cannot access my control panel on the VPS.

In retrosepct, I should have added the virtual server domain names to the hostname domain when requesting the LE certificate.

How do I fix this?

If you’re locked out on the HSTS error screen in your browser, you can get past it by typing thisisunsafe when using Chrome/Chromium.

No that did not work.

What I need to do is to find a way to issue a certificate for just the hostname domain, so I can get into the Virtualmin control panel and fix it properly.

I don’t understand. Even if you have an invalid certificate, you should be able to get in via port 10000. What is the actual error message you see when trying to access that?

If you can disclose your server’s hostname, I can try take a look as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.