Safari sees my Cloudflare SSL and works, Chrome sees my Letencrypt SSL and says it's expired, auto-renew says I don't need to renew, what should I do?

I have a website powered by Ubuntu with AWS. And I use Cloudflare as my CDN.

Everything was fine until today when I opened my website in Chrome, it says:

enter image description here

However, when I opened the page in Safari, everything is fine, it says:
[Sorry, I can only post one image, so this is an image with correct certificate] It’s on stackoverflow here: https://i.stack.imgur.com/yipxv.png

And when I logged on my AWS and executed both:

sudo certbot renew
sudo letsencrypt renew

It says No renewals were attempted. When I checked the log file, it says no renewal failures.

Another confusing question is, why Chrome is not seeing my Cloudflare SSL?

Hope to get some help here.

Thanks,

Hi @starrynite

please share your domain name.

2 Likes

JuergenAuer, thanks very much for your reply. It’s arealme.com. Now it’s working okay, but I don’t know when it would come out. It’s hard to reproduce.

It could have to do with a configuration problem related to the four different IP addresses that this site has

arealme.com has address 104.25.6.24
arealme.com has address 104.25.7.24
arealme.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:20::6819:718
arealme.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:20::6819:618

Maybe some of these work properly and others don’t, and sometimes one of your browsers is caching or using a different IP address for the site than the other browser is?

Thanks, I am a newbie for this. How can I fix this? I am using CloudFlare and I think everything I configured is at their dashboard and I only input my AWS IP address in their DNS setting panel.

Currently it looks all right to me—do you think you could let us know if the problem recurs, and maybe also take a screenshot when it does?

I also can’t. It’s very hard to reproduce. I guess it was because I was turning on my VPN last time I encountered this issue. I don’t know why a VPN could affect my certificate. And I am quite sure all other websites were good then, though I only tried a few famous ones like Google, Youtube or Facebook.