Restrictions on .co.za domains?

Just curious if there are any limitations on issuing LE certs for .co.za domains, from a US-hosted server?
We are using LE with IIS / Windows server, and no issues on issuing certificates for any other domains (.com, .net, etc). Just tried it with two .co.za domains, and got a message "The ACME server was probably unable to reach… " the challenge file. The challenge was created successfully, and the URL of the challenge file accessible via the browser. So the error message about not being able to reach the challenge file was not stating the correct reason.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Can you provide more information?

In particular, what was the error message?

Let’s Encrypt has issued lots of certificates for .co.za domains.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

2 Likes

This is most likely a firewall, IPS, or Geo-Location blocking issue.
But we can only be sure if you provide more information, as requested above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.