Rescue old account for a Non-profit in SanDiego

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: solanacenter.org

I ran this command: helping a non-profit --- looks like letsEncrypt is SSL and NameServer provider for a Domain on DomianPricedRight

I cannot find the account owner... I have all of the other admin stuff.

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): www.solanacenter.org

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: CiviHosting

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

I'm not sure exactly which "account owner" you are trying to find. The only account credentials you might want for Let's Encrypt are the ACME staging and production account private keys. If those are lost, new accounts can easily be generated with likely no real loss.

3 Likes

I'm guessing that for whatever you're trying to get access to, you need to contact the hosting provider or registrar. All Let's Encrypt does is confirm which computers own a name so that end-users can be assured their connections to that name are secure. It doesn't actually relate to the content or administration of a site, other than the administrators of a site might use Let's Encrypt's services as part of their setup, if that makes sense.

4 Likes

What I’m struggling with is letEncrypt seem to be the name server host n1.s415.sureserver.com

And I want to add two cname entries to config for 0365 registration.

But I can’t seem to manage the dns because letencypt seems to be the name server

1 Like

Let's Encrypt doesn't run any nameserver hosting services to my knowledge. The server you have mentioned does serve a Let's Encrypt certificate via HTTPS over port 443. So do many millions of other servers including my own.

3 Likes

From my research, I believe ICDSoft to be the hosting provider for s415.sureserver.com.

Here's their network status page:
https://tickets.suresupport.com/network?c_lang=en

2 Likes

oooH --- thank you --- been a bit of archeology today

2 Likes

The server itself is the authoritative DNS server for that domain.

nslookup -q=ns solanacenter.org
solanacenter.org        nameserver = ns1.s415.sureserver.com
solanacenter.org        nameserver = ns2.s415.sureserver.com
ns1.s415.sureserver.com internet address = 192.252.151.37
ns2.s415.sureserver.com internet address = 192.252.152.37
Name:    solanacenter.org
Address: 192.252.151.37

Name:    www.solanacenter.org
Address: 192.252.151.37

[one single IP (one-stop-shop) = DNS server, WEB server, etc.]

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.