Request to check Domain Name status

When trying to setup Certificate for Wordpress Sites - blog.betsbuy.ca and blogue.betsbuy.ca in Pantheon, we were getting an Authentication error. Can we please check if the Domain names are whitelisted ?

What specific authentication error are you getting? Also you might want to remove the “ASAP” in your post. Since you aren’t paying for the service, the ASAP is rude because no one works for you here.

I’m going to guess that these are close enough to “bestbuy”, a big-box electronics retailer, that it hits the restricted list. To confirm, please post any output messages from your attempts. We’re kind of going in blind without any additional information.

I have changed this to a help request

can you also fill out the relevant sections below

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Andrei

My Apologies - I am not sure exactly how Let’s Encrypt works? But currently we have a Business impact which needs to be addressed and I was wondering who can help us here.

Let’s Encrypt is getting us an error, “Policy forbids issuing for name”.Hence we wanted to check if our domain was blacklisted?

Sorry the correct domains are : blog.bestbuy.ca and blogue.bestbuy.ca -

Error logged on pantheon end is “Policy forbids issuing for name”

@cpu, could you please take a look to this request?.

@johnsebastian, @cpu is the one who should review your request. In case your domain is accepted, removing it from blacklist could take 5-12 days till the change is available on production.

Cheers,
sahsanu

@cpu This request is along the same lines as Process for "Policy forbids issuing for name" Errors?, as you may already know Pantheon offers LE certs to all users on the platform and the error returned was Policy forbids issuing for name for both blog.bestbuy.ca and blogue.bestbuy.ca. Thanks!

David Newton
Escalations Manager
Pantheon

@newtoid @johnsebastian - I will reach out to you in DM with the process that will need to be undertaken to allow issuance for these two names. Thanks!

Thanks @cpu for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.