Renewal with restored configuration produces errors

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:pillbox.rocks

I ran this command:certbot renew

It produced this output:2016-12-27 20:57:54,477:WARNING:certbot.renewal:Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/pillbox.rocks.conf produced an unexpected error: urn:acme:error:rateLimited :: There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: pillbox.rocks. Skipping.

My operating system is (include version):debian 8.6

My web server is (include version):nginx

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:ispconfig

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): using both control panel & bash

Thing is, that i have reconfigured a former misconfiguration, which produced a pillbox.rocks-001 folder beneath letsencrypt. All files are now in the right place and ispconfig / nginx are both reponsive to the configuration. I have the line “renew_before_expiry = 10 days” in renew/config, which works pretty well with 20 other domains. pillbox ist the only host for the domain. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue? THX in advance!

You’re hitting the Duplicate Certificate rate limit because you’ve got too many certificates issued for your domain (in a short time).

I’m not sure why you even got six certificates, the max is 5… :stuck_out_tongue:

So somewhere on your server there should be a number of certificates present… You just got to find 'em :slight_smile:

Gotcha! THX! I overread your answer in the past, sorry. Btw: Always nice to have a backup…:wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.