Renew certificate on Seedbox or DNS provider?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: bamseedbox.hopto.org

I set this up so long long ago but I setup a Cert for my seedbox and the domain DNS was set up through noip.com for a seedbox i use thru RapidSeedbox.

I forget if i set up the Let's Encrpt Cert via the Seedbox itself (SSH) or on NoIP the DNS provider.

Hi @BeMawr, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

There should be a local cron type job if it is being handled automatically [locally].

2 Likes

I received an email that its expiring in 6 days so I don;t believe its being done via cron job.

The email makes it clear that something has failed.
It doesn't make it clear if cron was being used or not.
Whatever was being used is now failing - that is all we know.

2 Likes

I did a quick look at noIP website and they charge for certs. Do you pay them for that? I also did not see a mention of Let's Encrypt certs

Otherwise it is on the SeedBox. I know nothing about it and whatever is using your cert doesn't look like it is behaving properly. I get a "200 OK" response for your "home page" but no actual page data.

curl -i https://bamseedbox.hopto.org/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Private Web Server
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/html

I also don't know a "Private Web Server" is so can't help with that. Usually that says something like Apache or nginx or some other well known service.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help, I was able to SSH into my seedbox and update the cert!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.