Removed a domain - everything is broken

I have a bunch of domains on the same server.

reviewourcompany.com

www.reviewourcompany.com

The owner moved reviewboost.com to a new site without telling me. This caused a renewal failure -- fair enough.

So I used 'certbot delete' to remove reviewboost.com.

Unfortunately, all config files are referencing the reviewboost.com cert.

I need to regenerate all the domains. Can I just delete all the *le-ssl.conf files? Or how to I fix this?

Error while running apachectl configtest.

AH00526: Syntax error on line 21 of /etc/httpd/sites-enabled/20-reviewourcompany-le-ssl.conf:
SSLCertificateFile: file '/etc/letsencrypt/live/reviewboost.com/cert.pem' does not exist or is empty

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: reviewboosttracker.com

I ran this command: certbot delete

It produced this output: N/A

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: N/A

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 0.29.1

1 Like

You should only remove the appropriate virtualhosts. Not all the *le-ssl.conf files. Just those which are referencing to the removed certificate. And you probably would like to remove the HTTP virtualhost for that site too, as it has apparently moved from your site to somewhere else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.