Remove Blacklist Domain

Hi there,

My client is using WP Engine to host. We’ve requested an SSL through them, however we’ve received an email saying:

Your SSL/TLS certificate order for bbt.com.au has been cancelled because Let’s Encrypt will not issue a certificate for that domain. Let’s Encrypt keeps a list of blacklisted domains for which it will never issue certificates. This is intended to help prevent malicious sites from pretending to be official ones. Domains can end up on this list if the name belongs to large a corporation (e.g. Microsoft, Amazon) or simply if a company requested to have its name added to the list.

My domain is: http://www.bbt.com.au/
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Wp Engine

Are you please able to remove this domain from your blacklist urgently.

Much appreciated.

@cpu, could you take a look at this?

1 Like

@cpu @schoen Any luck guys? I’m a little pressed for time…

Hi @jarydneethling,

I'll get the ball rolling on freeing up bbt.com.au for issuance. This generally takes 5-14 days. I'll update this thread as the process progresses. Thanks for your patience.

You are a legend @cpu - Thank You!

1 Like

Hi @jarydneethling,

Good news - your timing was lucky and the change was rolled into a production update that was already scheduled. You should be able to issue for bbt.com.au domains now. Please let me know if you have any further trouble.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.