Remove Black list domain

Would it be possible please to remove the blacklist for the following domain as a matter of urgency.

My domain is: *.support-3cx.com

I ran this command: Automated tool win-acme.v2.0.10.444

It produced this output: [EROR] (AcmeProtocolException): Error creating new order: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: *.support-3cx.com: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

My web server is (include version): V10 Exchange 2019

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows 2019

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Google

I can log in to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): NO

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): NO

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): win-acme.v2.0.10.444

It’s not a blacklist, it’s a rate limit. You created five identical certificates and have to wait a week until you can create another.

Let’s Encrypt won’t manually override the rate limit for you, but there’s a workaround you can use for now. The limit applies to exactly identical certificates, so you can just create a certificate with an extra domain name. I.E. since your original cert was for *.support-3cx.com, you can make one that covers both *.support-3cx.com and support-3cx.com.

Before you do this, be sure to figure out why you hit the rate limit in the first place. If you were creating test certificates, you should use the staging server for that instead (it has a much higher rate limit). If your system is somehow deleting and recreating certificates, you need to fix that, otherwise this will just happen again.

Why can’t you use one of the existing certificates?

The certificates that where created have now been deleted as we where receiving errors when trying to import into our server and then realized that we maxed out the rate limit so kinda stuck.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.