Rate-limit as big Hoster

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
vijos.nl

I ran this command:
Plesk Letscencrypt install manual and by ssl-it extension.

It produced this output:
Detail: Error creating new order :: too many failed authorizations recently: see Failed Validation Limit - Let's Encrypt

My web server is (include version):
Plesk Obsidian latest version

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Centos

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Mijndomein

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Plesk

Additional info:
We are spreading new creations around servers. But we are currently in a transfer of our 600k+ hosting packages to Plesk. Since we are a big hosting company is it possible to request a whitelist / much higher rate-limit for renewals and creations. Since plesk creates for each domain a new LE account it needs to be a whitelist on ip-range: 213.249.67.0/24 and 2a01:448:2001::0/64

Currently we are on around 10-15k domains transferred to Plesk, so another 580k to go. This will be spread ofcourse in the next 12 months, but with the transfers and the running renewals we are sure this will trigger more rate-limits.

Kind regards,

Kevin
Metaregistrar (part of Mijndomein.nl)

Please see the linked documentation page in the error message. That documentation page also refers to a rate limit excemption form.

Note that the processing of said form can take a few weeks.

Best way to counter your current rate limit is for authorizations not to fail.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.