Problem with Let's Encrypt DNS Servers?

I’m having trouble getting a certificate issued because the DNS query for my domain is timing out. I’ve triple checked that my domain is fine, and resolvable everywhere I try except by letsencrypt.org. Is there a problem with the letsencrypt.org domain servers?

I’m using certbot 0.11.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS with Nginx 1.10.0.

$ sudo certbot certonly --webroot --webroot-path=/var/www/html -d www.0211.us
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Starting new HTTPS connection (1): acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org
Obtaining a new certificate
Performing the following challenges:
http-01 challenge for www.0211.us
Using the webroot path /var/www/html for all unmatched domains.
Waiting for verification...
Cleaning up challenges
Failed authorization procedure. www.0211.us (http-01): urn:acme:error:connection :: The server could not connect to the client to verify the domain :: DNS problem: query timed out looking up A for www.0211.us

IMPORTANT NOTES:
 - The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: www.0211.us
   Type:   connection
   Detail: DNS problem: query timed out looking up A for www.0211.us

And now I’ve retried several times and I’m getting

There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new authz :: Too many invalid authorizations recently.`

Same here!
Domain: gestion.tamsoftware.info
Type: connection
Detail: DNS problem: query timed out looking up A for
gestion.tamsoftware.info

Experiencing similar with a .name TLD domain

urn:acme:error:connection :: The server could not connect to the client to verify the domain :: DNS problem: query timed out looking up A for

I am able to use --staging without issue.

same with a .ma domain as well, so it doesn’t seem to be domain-dependant. I’ve managed to lock myself out of tries for the first one already …

@cpu, we’re seeing a number of these reports in at least two different forum threads today.

Just another mee too post… .co.uk domain

Same here. Swedish domains.

Seems fixed from here now - got my two certificates issued without DNS issues (.info and .ma)

Whatever the problem was, it is resolved for me as of Mon May 1 23:51:09 UTC 2017.

There was an operational incident yesterday affecting some traffic. There's a status page update in the history now.

Thanks everyone for flagging the problem. Apologies about the disruption.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.