Prelim Validation error detail": "No valid IP addresses found for taylortv.art", "status": 400

My domain is: taylortv.art

I ran this command: owi_sslupdater from overseerr installer

It produced this output:

[taylortv.art] Authorizing...
[taylortv.art] Authorizing using http-01 validation (FileSystem)
Answer should now be browsable at http://taylortv.art/.well-known/acme-challenge/Ihc6pYCYsr4nZ0go0qQVn4he0aoyVEfaCJyN04Y7PEw
Preliminary validation failed because 'The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.'
[taylortv.art] Authorization result: invalid
[taylortv.art] {
"type": "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns",
"detail": "No valid IP addresses found for taylortv.art",
"status": 400
}
Create certificate failed: [taylortv.art] Validation failed
nginx: [error] OpenEvent("Global\ngx_reload_16016") failed (5: Access is denied)
PHP: STOP: The operation completed successfully.
PHP: START: The operation completed successfully.
NGINX: STOP: The operation completed successfully.
NGINX: START: The operation completed successfully.

Waiting for 0 seconds, press CTRL+C to quit ...
Nginx status : SERVICE_RUNNING
PHP status : SERVICE_RUNNING

########## Installation Completed ##########

My web server is (include version): nginx 1.18.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows 10 Pro v21H1

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: namecheap.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): i dont know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): N/A I think (installer auto-ran a lot of things)

That really seems like a pretty self-explanatory error message--you haven't set up DNS records for this domain.

1 Like

Unless i have misunderstood directions somewhere i have already done this. And after reading other topics here I confirmed I am using my public ip address in the dns input fields.

Looks like you're misunderstanding some directions somewhere then. The name taylortv.art doesn't have any A or AAAA records, which are required if you want anybody to be able to get to it. This is probably something you need to configure with your registrar and/or hosting provider, depending on how your domain is set up.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.