Policy forbids issuing for name

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a website (amcnab.com). I have previously requested certificates that were successful. I am trying to some subdomains and receive the message “Policy forbids issuing for name”.

Could anyone please assist?

Hi @amcnab

that's curious. There is an older Letsencrypt certificate:

CRT-Id Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
1318905172 CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US 2019-03-24 03:20:40 2019-06-22 02:20:40 amcnab.com, amcnab.com.au, invoice.amcnab.com, invoice.amcnab.com.au, www.amcnab.com, www.amcnab.com.au, www.invoice.amcnab.com, www.invoice.amcnab.com.au
8 entries

And your website uses that certificate.

The error normally means that the domain name is blocked (sample whitehouse.gov).

Hi @JuergenAuer,

I’m uncertain as to why I received the “Policy forbids issuing for name” message, but I have now successfully added the new domain names to the existing certificate.

Thank you for your assistance!

2 Likes

Happy to read that. That's curious, looks like a temporary problem.

1 Like

I took a quick peek at the logs. The reason for the policy forbidden error at the start was because the certificate order also included www.amcnab.wordpress.com and wordpress.com is a high value domain name.

The orders that were successful didn't include a *.wordpress.com identifier.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.