Manual DNS Challenge fails with NXDOMAIN on TXT

@LetsencryptSweden

please remove cert from 3lineofcode.in as i have reinstalled my server and unable to get SSL cert for y domain

3lineofcode.in, www.3lineofcode.in

Posting to the Community does not result in the removal or revocation of certificates, nor is such action required based on the situation you described. If you are having difficulty issuing a certificate, please create your own topic in the Help category and fill in the template as completely as possible.

5 Likes

[moved to separate topic]

Removing an existing cert won't fix the inability of obtaining a new cert.
Please provide more detail as to what your exact problem is.

3 Likes

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

My domain is:3lineofcode.in, www.3lineofcode.in

I ran this command: sudo apt install certbot python3-certbot-apache, sudo certbot --apache

It produced this output: error attached.

My web server is (include version):VPS by Hostinger

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):CentOn 7 64bit

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:Hostinger

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes Cyber Panel in CentOS 7 64bit

cert error.txt (3.09 KB)

That output is not from certbot --apache, as the apache authenticator plugin cannot do the dns-01 challenge as shown in your output.

4 Likes

I don't know why this came, but can you help me with this?

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Mohammed Faruk

Here is a list of issued certificates crt.sh | 3lineofcode.in, the latest being 2023-04-12; only has the domain name 3lineofcode.in.

And this is the certificate being served crt.sh | 9128883438 on IPv4 Address 181.215.78.169

Here is SSL Server Test: 3lineofcode.in (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) this IPv4 Address 34.102.136.180 has "No secure protocols supported"; this IPv4 Address 181.215.78.169 got an A Grade.

Please more details regarding:

1 Like

Thanks and appreciate your prompt response and assistance. Can you tell me now what should I do to get it back?

Looking forward to your positive response.

Regards,
Mohammed Faruk

1 Like

The next thing is to fix your DNS. You have two IP addresses pointing to different services. It looks like you should remove the A record for 34.102.136.180 that points to a google service. The other IP points to Hostinger and as Bruce pointed out that server already is using the latest Let's Encrypt cert you got.

dig +noall +answer A 3lineofcode.in
3lineofcode.in.         60      IN      A       34.102.136.180
3lineofcode.in.         60      IN      A       181.215.78.169
4 Likes

no i am facing below error please help me to resolve that:

Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?

1: 3lineofcode.in
2: www.3lineofcode.in

Select the appropriate numbers separated by commas and/or spaces, or leave input
blank to select all options shown (Enter 'c' to cancel): 1
Requesting a certificate for 3lineofcode.in
An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: 3lineofcode.in, retry after 2023-04-14T00:43:53Z: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/duplicate-certificate-limit/
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
root@thrlineo:/var/www/cwo/cwo# sudo certbot --apache
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?

1: 3lineofcode.in
2: www.3lineofcode.in

Select the appropriate numbers separated by commas and/or spaces, or leave input
blank to select all options shown (Enter 'c' to cancel): 2
Requesting a certificate for www.3lineofcode.in

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: apache). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: www.3lineofcode.in
Type: unauthorized
Detail: 34.102.136.180: Invalid response from http://www.3lineofcode.in/.well-known/acme-challenge/7kzZ7JnjZfUY_BNHCv2pFYPCPm-6TIDjIzTlgqpMwzs: "<!doctype html><html lang="en"><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/><meta name="viewport" co"

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to verify the temporary Apache configuration changes made by Certbot. Ensure that the listed domains point to this Apache server and that it is accessible from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.

Please use the staging environment for testing. It seems you have multiple certificates already issued. See e.g. https://crt.sh/?deduplicate=Y&q=3lineofcode.in What was wrong with those? Why not use those? Where did they go?

4 Likes

I agree with Osiris.

Also, you have not yet fixed your DNS records for 3lineofcode.in

And, right now there is no A record for www.3lineofcode.in

3 Likes

Oh now i have removed my domain from google as mentioned, is that possible to get ssl for my domain?

No, you haven't

dig +noall +answer A 3lineofcode.in @ns10.domaincontrol.com
3lineofcode.in.         600     IN      A       34.102.136.180
3lineofcode.in.         600     IN      A       181.215.78.169

Plus, you should review your DNS config it has various Errors and one Warning
https://dnsviz.net/d/3lineofcode.in/dnssec/

3 Likes

Can you please help me to resolve this?

Please help me get it fixed!!

I have removed parked entry from my account please check and help to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Mohammed Faruk

Please help to assign SSl.

Please use your previously issued 5 certificates.

3 Likes