Please Can Someone Help Me Im a Newbe

please can someone help me im trying to install bitwarden and i get tis error
bitwarden.sh version 1.44.1
Docker version 20.10.11, build dea9396
docker-compose version 1.29.2, build unknown

(!) Enter the domain name for your Bitwarden instance (ex. bitwarden.example.com): allcellspotpasswd.com

(!) Do you want to use Let's Encrypt to generate a free SSL certificate? (y/n): y

(!) Enter your email address (Let's Encrypt will send you certificate expiration reminders): allcellspot@hotmail.com

Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from certbot/certbot
Digest: sha256:b9e5b13507bccd9165dafb49a0588c58992d651cc497224cc6e2d3f415a1e7d7
docker.io/certbot/certbot:latest
Saving debug log to /etc/letsencrypt/logs/letsencrypt.log
An unexpected error occurred:
requests.exceptions.ReadTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=45)
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /etc/letsencrypt/logs/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

1 Like

It looks like Bitwarden's docker instance is unable to connect to the Let's Encrypt API.

There have been a couple of service disruptions today; I'm not sure how they would have manifested exactly, but it might be worth simply trying again later.

In case that's not it: do you have a firewall or anything blocking outgoing connections from that server?

You might also try the Bitwarden forum if you haven't already.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.