Opt out of renewal message for specific certificate?

I plan on setting up a temporary domain for testing, and of course I will need a certificate.
Since I plan on retiring it long before the 90 days, I wish to not receive an email reminder.
Should I revoke the certificate when I am done, and if I do so, will it prevent the email reminder from showing up?

Personally I’d just set the email address to be on the test domain - that way once the domain is deleted, you won’t get any emails for it :wink:

The domain is actually a subdomain, on the same server as my main domains, so I guess I will be getting the nag message a couple of months from now.

You can send email to a subdomain ( or just set it to go to a non-existent email address )

Another option would be to use the --register-unsafely-without-email during testing.

1 Like

Yes, I’d recomment --register-unsafely-without-email for domains you never intend to renew.

Note that it gets a little more complicated if you’re hosting that domain on a box with other domains, since you’ve already got an account registered there. I’m not sure if there is a “nice” workaround, but you can move aside /etc/letsencrypt/accounts temporarily.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.