One certificate for three domains via certbot

A couple of months ago I successfully installed SSL for zitecraft.com. Today I wanted to install a certificate that also covers other websites run on the same domain. I was able to create the four .pem files via certbot-auto

but don’t understand how to make the new certificate active. I have SSL on the zitecraft.com domain but not on the other two. It is unclear if this is via the old certificate or the new one and what I should do to get SSL for the other two domains.

Hope you guys can help me out!

My domain is: zitecraft.com
My web server is (include version): Apache 2.2.27
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): CentOS 6.5/64 bit
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Tilaa.nl
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): DirectAdmin 1.54.1

Hi,

It seems Direct Admin have Let’s Encrypt build-in.
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=648

Thank you

As we’ve seen in other threads, if you use DirectAdmin to manage your web site, it’s really best to use its built-in Let’s Encrypt support instead of using Certbot on the same machine, because the changes that each can make to your web server configuration can conflict and cause problems.

For reference, the way to do it with Certbot would be to use --apache (and not certonly) in your Certbot command, and then Certbot would modify your web server configuration files in order to point to the new certificate. The certonly command specifically means not to do this (to obtain the certificate, but not to do anything with it afterward). Alternatively, you can edit the Apache configuration files, which are a set of text files (probably in /etc/httpd/conf.d on CentOS) to create a new HTTPS virtualhost pointing at these PEM files, via Apache directives like SSLCertificateKeyFile. However, these options are not a good substitute for using DirectAdmin’s own Let’s Encrypt support on a system where you use DirectAdmin to manage your web server.

Thanks for putting me in the right track Steven & Schoen, got it up & running now!