Obtaining certificate to host grafana

I am trying to obtain a certificate to host grafana in an EC2 ubuntu 22.04 machine. I got the prompt to create a CNAME record and I did that. Then it asked me to create TXT records which I did but after I tried to validate I started getting the error mentioned below. Also the first prompt only gave me details of the CNAME record, what should be the value of the TXT record I am not sure.

My domain is: growy-monitoring.nl

I ran this command: sudo certbot certonly --manual --manual-auth-hook /etc/letsencrypt/acme-dns-auth.py --preferred-challenges dns --debug-challenges -d growy-monitoring-infra.nl

It produced this output: An unexpected error occurred:

Error creating new order :: too many failed authorizations recently: see Failed Validation Limit - Let's Encrypt

My web server is (include version): idk ( I want to run grafana)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
No
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):1.31.0

Please test using the staging environment. When everything works on that environment, switch to the production environment. The current error message is not representative for the underlying issue.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.