Not able to create certificate

I have tried to create LetsEncrypt certificate with one domain.

For checking deploy-hook i have tried to create certificate multiple times:( without knowing the limit. But now i am not able to create letsencrypt certificate.

Sorry for the same. But i need to complete my deliverable with in monday. Can you please help me in creating certificate one last time for my domain Pls:(

An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com

@Monica
have you deleted all certs and folders?

Yes Gotham. Without knowing that there is a limit for certificate creation. I have deleted the folders :frowning:

I couldn’t able to restore the folders also. Somehow i need those folders back.

Hi @Monica,

If you have deleted all files and folders, the only way to get a new certificate before Monday is adding a new domain to your cert.

You have reached the duplicate certificate limit (5 per 7 days) so you could create a new certificate covering your current domain cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com and for example a.cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com.

Note: Keep in mind that there is a limit of 20 certs per 7 days, so you should be careful and use staging Let’s Encrypt server instead of production if you are only testing the procedure.

Good luck.

Cheers,
sahsanu

1 Like

Hi sahsanu,

But my public domain name is cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com… will it allow me to create certificate with invalid domain(i.e., a.cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com)

if its a baremetal server , or hosted in local environment we can able to retrieve data using tools .
add preffix like cogdev1 temporarily and get certs. later you can get for the original name

Hi @Monica,

If you can add an IP to a.cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com pointing to your web server yes, if not, you can add another domain you control, even a free one.

It is not allowing me to create certificate with this domain name "a.cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com "
Failed authorization procedure. a.cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com (tls-sni-01): urn:acme:error:connection :: The server could not connect to the client to verify the domain :: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for a.cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com

you must create A record for the new domain name . If you have creds of domain/ hosting panel, login to it and create A record . Or please inform system administrator . he will do it

it is virtual linux server.For Getting the domain name itself it took 2 months for me after long process followed. Now i cant create A record in it within short time:(

i have created 5 certificates today:frowning:
crt.sh Identity Search Group by Issuer

Criteria Identity = ‘cogdev.asyncwq.cognizant.com

Certificates
crt.sh ID Logged At ⇧ Not Before Issuer Name
278967813 2017-12-15 2017-12-15 C=US, O=Let’s Encrypt, CN=Let’s Encrypt Authority X3
278960503 2017-12-15 2017-12-15 C=US, O=Let’s Encrypt, CN=Let’s Encrypt Authority X3
278958274 2017-12-15 2017-12-15 C=US, O=Let’s Encrypt, CN=Let’s Encrypt Authority X3
278953414 2017-12-15 2017-12-15 C=US, O=Let’s Encrypt, CN=Let’s Encrypt Authority X3
278849466 2017-12-15 2017-12-15 C=US, O=Let’s Encrypt, CN=Let’s Encrypt Authority X3

@Monica

Creating A record wont take that much time .If its purchased by yourself . Talk to support guys.They will do it .

@Monica

check this thread .It will help you.

same answer in the above thread

ok Gotham .I will try to do that. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.