New server, new IP, minimal downtime

I currently have 7 domains running on a single IP address and server. All are working great with certbot. I need to upgrade to a new sever because I'm running CentOS. Is there a process outlined somewhere to allow for minimal downtime on each domain?

My domain is: casazza.net (and 6 others)

I ran this command: N/A

It produced this output: N/A

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips PHP/7.3.26

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): CentOS 7.9.2009

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): have it don't use it.

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): 1.11.0

1 Like

Hi @markcasazza

it's simple.

• Renew your certificates (may be with the force - option)
  • Install the new server
  • Copy the certificate files, so you can create the required port 443 vHosts (use your current config as template)
  • if that works, switch your dns A / AAAA records old ip -> new ip
  • Later, if all works, install Certbot and renew the certificates

Result: No downtime (may be a downtime because of other problems, database transfer, CMS transfer etc.), but certificates shouldn't produce a downtime.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.