New entrant - how do I renew my certificate(s)?

I am a new entrant to this - please be gentle!

I found out today that the certificates on several of my websites have expired, and on investigation, found that the issuer organisation is Let’s Encrypt.

My question is how do I renew them?

Details below.
My main domain is

I think the certificate currently says:

Cert for “cephasprojects.co.uk” 1561971681.0

Other domains are:

It seems the certificate expired on September 29th 2019 at around 0800 hrs UTC.

Best wishes,

Peter

That depends on how you got and installed the certificate in the first place.

Thank you for your kind reply. As far as I can tell, they were installed by my hosting provider when I registered the domain, but I could be wrong.

Hi @peter.benton

please start with some basics:

So there are three options:

• You have enough access, then you can use your own client
  • You use a shared hosting with a provider specific solution
  • You use a shared hosting with a control panel solution (Plesk, cPanel etc.)

(2) -> ask your hoster. Then the certificate should be renewed without your action. If not, it's a bad configuration.

PS: Checking your domain

there is no problem visible - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=cephasprojects.co.uk

There are some certificates:

And you use that with 22 domain names:

CN=preservesonline.com
expires in 50 days	cephasprojectmanagement.co.uk, cephasprojectmanagement.com, 
cephasprojects.co.uk, cephasprojects.com, jamonline-biz.cephasprojects.co.uk, jamonline.biz, 
mail.cephasprojectmanagement.co.uk, mail.cephasprojectmanagement.com, 
mail.cephasprojects.co.uk, mail.cephasprojects.com, mail.jamonline.biz, mail.preservesonline.com, 
preservesonline.cephasprojects.co.uk, preservesonline.com, www.cephasprojectmanagement.co.uk, 
www.cephasprojectmanagement.com, www.cephasprojects.co.uk, www.cephasprojects.com, 
www.jamonline-biz.cephasprojects.co.uk, www.jamonline.biz, 
www.preservesonline.cephasprojects.co.uk, www.preservesonline.com 
- 22 entries

I didn't checked these 22 domains.

Where do you see an expired certificate?

Thankyou Mr Juergen Auer.

Thank you for your investigation on my behalf. I will follow the suggestions that you make above. In the interim I have noticed that my domains (at least the primary one) did not have a private IP address. I have now purchased this, so it may make a difference.

Why should a domain have a private ip address? A public visible domain shouldn't have a private ip address.

Private ip addresses are only used in private networks. And you can't create a certificate with a domain name via http validation, if the domain has only a private ip address. Then you have to use dns validation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.