New certificate but error connection error is not private

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: pilepoilsplumes.fr

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Web server DIY (Raspberry Pi 3) with Apache 2.4.25

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Raspbian

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Oui

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Wordpress

I had problems with my web server because I did not manage to renew the ssl certificate.
I reinstalled my web server is installed a new security certificate that is valid but on my site, I am told that the connection is not secure : NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID.

Can you help me solve this problem ?
Thank you

You got a certificate for pilepoilsplumes.fr but the name that’s actually pointed at your raspberry pi is www.pilepoilsplumes.fr so you should get a certificate for that instead.

The base domain pilepoilsplumes.fr is currently pointed at an OVH server that’s redirecting to the www version. It has an OVH cert that’s not valid for that domain, so I guess you’d have to ask OVH for help if you want to correct that too.

Thank you for your reply.

It’s ok for me. I created a certificate for www.pilepoils plumes.fr and it works

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.