My website is still not going to HTTPS or Secure after a successful installation

The key point in this is that it depends on your plan. If you have a VPS or dedicated server plan, then you are the administrator and you can use whatever software you want (for example, you could use our Certbot software, or you could install your own control panel with built-in Let’s Encrypt support, or use the Caddy server, or various other options).

If you have a shared hosting plan, then you are not the administrator and can potentially only use whatever the hosting provider has chosen. This case may require you to import a certificate via that host’s control panel interface, or switch to a different plan or hosting provider if your existing plan doesn’t allow third-party certificates.

Thanks a lot for your help I am getting somewhere and I let you know the outcome of my SSL installation
Regards

Hey JuergenAuer
I have made some progress in relation to the ssl installation but when I reached almost the end of my installation I received an error message requesting me to disable my grammary software on my laptop and I did but the error message persists.
Can you advice me please.

The following message pups up on my screen
Please check “Service FAQ” and “How-To Videos” if you have questions.

• 1 Details
  • 2 Verification
  • 3 Certificate

NEXT

Verification results

Some domains have failed verification. Please study the list below and then click “Next” to try requesting new challenges for them. Note: the challenge values will be different.

Domain Error
mazzaroths.com Invalid response from http://www.mazzaroths.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/XkxtbIVRNZZkT-ueUy5Ur0YHnFSqbOK1lfAWM_mMfw0 [160.153.162.140]: "<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html lang=“en-US” class=“no-js no-svg”>\n<head>\n<meta charset=“UTF-8”>\n<meta name=“viewport” content=“width=devi”

I am getting the same message for all my websites. I just sent one of them
Regards

Why do you use Zerossl? Install your own certbot, then you don't need Zerossl.

The error

looks like you have copied the validation file in the wrong directory.

To test: Find your DocumentRoot in your Apache config file, then create the two subdirectories

DocumentRoot/.well-known/acme-challenge

there a file (file name 1234), then try to load that file with your browser.

http://mazzaroths.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/1234

If that works, you have found the correct place.

But: There are older LE certificates, one is active:

Last Certificates - Certificate Transparency Log Check (BETA)

CRT-Id Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
1194120255 CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US 2019-02-11 11:17:21 2019-05-12 10:17:21 mazzaroths.com, www.mazzaroths.com
864573728 CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US 2018-10-15 13:49:50 2019-01-13 14:49:50 mazzaroths.com, www.mazzaroths.com
853118617 CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US 2018-10-12 08:09:30 2019-01-10 09:09:30 mazzaroths.com, www.mazzaroths.com

How did you create these certificates?

By using zerossl which looks easier for me though

Letsencrypt certificates are only 90 days valid. So you have to do that every 60 - 85 days.

Well, if I use certbot it is going to renew ssl automatically right?

Yes. But Certbot and ZeroSSL are alternatives; you would choose one or the other, not use both.

Correct Shoen,
but I have encountered some error while using ZeroSSL
reason why I need help

Then please create the test file.

How to create the file test

If these are WordPress website, you should use SSL Zen Plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/ssl-zen/

Thanks a lot the idea is great but I can access my websites dashboards even though I went to database phpmyadmin it sent me back to not secure message so I am stuck.
Can you advise me please

Create an exception in your browser.

Let me try to do that I will let you know the outcome
Kind regards

Too hard for me to achieve.
I am really stuck

Then share a screenshot with the problem.

I don't which screenshot to send as I had so many of them.