My certbot is not working with https while i’ve installed it

yesterday i tried the number 2 option but it didn’t

and i re-switched back to your number 1 option and its still ain’t working either

Tell me who to configure in order to match theses keys maybe it might work?

There’s a process you need to follow to get a certificate in each case. To repeat for the third time, you haven’t yet created a certificate. It won’t just work. Still, you need to make a decision which method you want to use.

if i haven’t and why would i get this email…is it just for what?

Hi,

The email just means you runned certbot & registered your email at eff… it doesn’t represent a successful certificate request.

Thank you

OK, BUT ITS GETTING CRAZIER NOW, I FOLlOWED SOME INFO THEY SAY YOU CAN CONVERT FROM .emp to .jks?? or from pem to pfx in order for tomcat to read the keys and certs??? but when i use openssl to generate the .pfx file it says (unable to load certificates) while i have pointed to the right one in letsencrypt folder why? they begin with

: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

check the command im using down here

CHECK IT OUT

and

cert_begins

Hi,

CSR is the certificate signing request, it means you created a request for CA to sign it. But you still need to submit the request (CSR file) to the CA. While openssl (the command you tried) is to convert the signed certificate file to another form. However, you don’t have a signed certificate, hense the command will not work.

P.S. please try to run certbot certificates in the shell (ssh) terminal and share us the result.

Thank you

1 Like

OK HERE BELOW

Please provide more information, including the complete commands you ran to try to issue a certificate and the complete output.

As far as I can tell, so far, Certbot and Let’s Encrypt have been unable to create any certificates.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

My domain is:isoko.hopto.org

I ran this command: ran_this

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): apache tomcat

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): centos7
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: VPS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): YEAP

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

You said in an earlier post that you ran this:

(I forgot, sorry.)

What did it output?

Edit: And what other Certbot commands have you tried, if any?

the output was warm emails saying that i suucessfully installed certbot

command?? many of them, especially today on certbot, i did many thing my head is spinning now

Hi,

Please try rerun the program and see if any output is presented…

sudo certbot --apache -d isoko.hopto.org

Thank you

ok here the outout

can u get something deiffrente frm certbot which is easier to install? i think i gonna need to reformat my server over this

Well... I'm not sure why it will ever notify a "start too often message..."

I personally suggest acme.sh

thanx A lot, i guess i need to know about An ACME Shell script: acme.sh too, i dont like stressing stuffs like this one i was on for weeks, if u get another one which is free, let me know (myskillz36@gmail.com), im looking for a certificate but not a stressing one

GIVE ME ONE COMMAND THAT WILL UNINSTALL THIS CERTBORT AND ALL ITS DEPENDENCIES IN MY SERVER WITHOUT FORMATTING MY SERVER

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.