Many txt on every domain

From March 2020 let's encrypt no longer automatically renews my certificates. Ok. I entered the txt in my provider's panel for each site hosted on my server. And it works. But I noticed that anyway dozens of txt files are created inside the .well-known / acme-challenge folders.
Why? What does let's encrypt want? What do I have to do to fix this?
Another question: if I buy a new ip to create a zone for my server, can I solve the renewal problem?

My web server is Plesk Obsidian 18

The operating system my web server runs on is CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Aruba

I cannot login to a root shell on my machine.
Thanks
Marilena

Hi @lenamari

simple answer. If (1) happens, your Plesk installation is buggy. Plesk supports automated renews via the /.well-known/acme-challenge subdirectory.

Conclusion: Your provider must fix that.

If the configuration is buggy, it must be fixed. And a new ip is completely unrelevant. You don't want to run your own dns zone.

Maybe I explained bad. Let's encrypt when you have to renew it asks me to insert a txt that can be solved externally, because the area of my server is that of my provider. I insert it inside the dns panel of my provider and everything works correctly. At the same time it also creates txt records inside the .well-known / acme-challenge directory. Lots of records every day. Now it is wrong that it asks me to solve it externally or just uploads one to me in the dedicated folder. Why do you say my server is down? Until last March Let's encrypt created its record in that folder and the certificate was renewed. Then he didn't do it anymore. I've never changed server settings or done anything else.

That's manual dns validation, possible, but bad.

That's the preferred http validation, much better, possible, if you don't need a wildcard.

If your Plesk would work, http validation would work. Conclusion: Your Plesk is buggy, so it's the job of your hoster to fix that. You pay for a working Plesk, not for a buggy.

That's the reason you should ask your hoster. You can't fix it, because you don't have root access.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.