Mail can't receive external emails

Hi ! i'm using the port 465 and 993 for my mail server !
my mail with port 143 and 587 i w could send and receive from external emails !
but new i can only send and not receive external emails ! what can the problem is please ??

1 Like

Hello again :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you meaning that your server is not receiving mail or that your email client cannot download your mail?

2 Likes

server is not receiving mail from non 2m-partners.tn :worried: :neutral_face: but can can send to all domain !

1 Like

It's possible that your SPF or DMARC records might be causing the rejection. I'm trying to dig up where you posted those... :thinking:

Those only apply to outgoing mail.

1 Like

i said to the admin to delete the post after resolving the problem beacause it contain a personal information , you need to see what ?

1 Like

One moment... :thinking:

1 Like

take your time ...
:relaxed: :relaxed:

1 Like

My colleague has just reminded (silly) me that SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records are only used to combat outgoing (spoofed) mail, not incoming (spam) mail.

1 Like

Tests are being run... :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Have you tried using port 993 (imap) or 995 (pop3) for secure incoming and port 587 (smtp) for secure outgoing? Port 143 is insecure.

1 Like

i used before installing the certif the port 143 and 587 but now i'm using 993 and 465

1 Like

Just to be clear, you should probably be using 993 (imap) and 587 (smtp). Port 465 is technically antiquated though some software and providers do still support it.

1 Like

okey ! it's clair thanx

1 Like

That won't fix the incoming issue though. Have you been able to confirm that the server has been receiving the mail? In other words, has there been mail actually saved on the server itself in files?

1 Like

in the amavis log I have the traces of incoming and outgoing messages but when I use port 465 I do not receive traces of outgoing messages to external domains

1 Like

Were those "external" test messages sent from an account not on 2m-partners.tn (meaning something other than @2m-partners.tn)?

1 Like

i'm using only 2m-partners domain in my server mail

1 Like

Just making sure I understand:

somebody@2m-partners.tn can successfully send to somebody@gmail.com.

somebody@gmail.com cannot successfully send to somebody@2m-partners.tn
1 Like

somebody@2m-partners.tn can successfully send to somebody@gmail.com.

somebody@gmail cannot successfully send to somebody@2m-partners.tn

1 Like

Hi @bensaidRayen

why should that work?

A SMTP server is required, port 25 or (better) port 465.

Both ports of your mail.2m-partners.tn are dead -> it's impossible to send mails to one of these mail addresses.

So the result is expected.

1 Like