Local certificate for nextcloud-OnlyOffice-connection?

Hi!

I have successfully set up a Nextcloud on my synology diskstation (which is reachable from the internet) and a RaspberryPi running Ubuntu and a OnlyOffice-Server.
Now I want to connect the two. The problem: Nextcloud requires a HTTPS-connection to the server.

I downloaded a script OnlyOffice provides ( Switching ONLYOFFICE Docs to HTTPS protocol - ONLYOFFICE) to set this up but it fails because the internal domain my Raspberry is set to use (rpi.fritz.box) cannot be used.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to proceed from here. Can I somehow get a local certificate so that Nextcloud can connect to the OnlyOffice-Server?

Thanks in advance
Hauke

My domain is: local

I ran this command: sudo bash /usr/bin/documentserver-letsencrypt.sh my@email.address rpi.fritz.box

It produced this output: Some challenges have failed.

My web server is (include version): nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22.04 RaspberryPi

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is: certbot 1.30.0

Not from Let's Encrypt. Publicly trusted CAs aren't allowed to issue certs for local domains.

To get a cert from Let's Encrypt, you need a hostname accessible through the public DNS. Note that there are a few free DNS providers providing either free subdomains or even free domains under a specific set of TLDs.

4 Likes

Okay, thank you for the answer!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.