Limit on new certificate for domain - but how to get the files?

My domain is:
hoversport.no

I ran this command:
./certbot-auto certonly --force-renew -d /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/ -d hoversport.no -d www.hoversport.no

It produced this output:
An unexpected error occurred:
The request message was malformed :: Error creating new order :: Invalid character in DNS name

My web server is (include version):
Bitnami - Magento 2 2.2.6-2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Magento v2.2.6-2 (Debian 9)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
No

Additional information:
I have set up multiple ssl duplicates for hoversport.no on different servers which i opened/deleted.

I tried again but was told I had reached my limit. Is it in any ways possible for me to retrieve the certificate files, even though I have no access to my deleted servers?

Any other way I can get a ssl for my domain now?

Hi,

Yes, there's ways to retrieve the certificate file (only the certificate, not your private key)...
You could do so with crt.sh or retrieve the certificate from CT logs.

If you got rate limited, the only way is to wait until it expires..... However, you are rate limited only with the two exact hostname. You could bypass the limit with another hostname be(maybe a random one)...
The best possibilities for you to obtain a certificate that only contains that exact two hostname is Nov 25th 2018.

Please read the rate limit documentation below:

I also see that you have a Digicert certificate issued, is there a reason that you choose to use let's encrypt certificate instead? (Because you seems to paid for it, since it's a one year certificate)

Thank you

I think you meant -w /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/ instead of -d /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/. The -d option is only for specifying domain names.

Thank you very much. I will look into this!

I originally paid for the ssl before I learned about letsencrypt. Still fresh at all of this, but I managed to install the certificate files that I paid for so it’s all good for now. But would like to start using the advantage of letsencrypt and the auto renew since why pay for ssl when you can get it free, right? hehe.

Thanks again.

Thanks! This will go into my devnotes :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.