Lifetime cert reported as expired

I purchased a lifetime certificate and keep getting notices that my certificate has expired and I need to renew it.

I run wordpress with the premium plugin and all was working perfectly for several months.

My domain is: recoveragency.com

My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4.58

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): linux (not sure which distro)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: GoDaddy

I can login to a root shell on my machine: No

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanel 110.0 (build 15)

Not from Let's Encrypt. I'd suggest you contact whoever you purchased it from to address your concerns.

And what are those concerns? Who or what is reporting your cert as expired? Because the cert for the website you gave is just fine.

8 Likes

Not from any CA - there is no such thing as a "lifetime certificate".
The closest I can perceive would be a "lifetime certificate service agreement" - where someone has agreed to provide you with a certificate for the "lifetime of your business" [with them]. Who that someone might be is a mystery. But it seems that is who you need to address your concerns with.

5 Likes

Unless I read this wrong...

Certificate:
Data:
Version: 3 (0x2)
Serial Number:
04:29:f1:67:cb:ef:9d:14:ba:8c:9f:12:06:eb:86:14:9c:63
Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
Issuer: C = US, O = Let's Encrypt, CN = R3
Validity
Not Before: Jan  5 11:43:55 2024 GMT
Not After : Apr  4 11:43:54 2024 GMT
Subject: CN = recoveragency.com
Subject Public Key Info:
Public Key Algorithm: rsaEncryption
Public-Key: (2048 bit)

Your certificate is "reportedly" valid until April 4 2024

4 Likes

On Nov 4, 2023 a cert was issued for "recoveragency.com, www.recoveragency.com".
On Nov 6, 2023 a "wildcard" cert was issued for "recoveragency.com, *.recoveragency.com".

The wildcard cert was renewed [normally] on Jan 5, 2024.
The cert with the "www" was NOT renewed and doesn't need to be.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.