LetsEncrypt Temp Ban

Resolving problems are not due to blocked IP addresses from Let's Encrypts end.

5 Likes

Cheers from Miami :beers:

4 Likes
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

What does the command
nslookup r3.o.lencr.org
give as output on the offending system?

3 Likes

So how would you explain it working now? - Nothing has changed server hasn't been rebooted.

Hey,

It's working now but I just wanted to check to see if the IP was banned for a period of time.

Aydan

1 Like

You probably had connectivity issue on the system itself, not a remote problem.

5 Likes

Possibly, I guess. All I wanted to know was the IP banned so that I can let our customer know.

Aydan

1 Like

LE doesn't have such a "temporary IP banning" system.

5 Likes

It's extremely rare for Let's Encrypt to block IP addresses (and I don't believe they do at all for the OCSP responder), so that should be about the last thing you think about, or ask about, if you're having trouble using LE's services.

5 Likes

Hey,

Okay good to know :slight_smile:

I just simply wanted to know if there was a banning system, which there isn't so I know for next time :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Aydan

1 Like

LetsEncrypt does ban IPs, but these are not temporary bans - they exist indefinitely and must be appealed.

When an IP is banned, the connection is dropped at their firewall.

The errors above are all client-side DNS errors, caused by the client's computer not being able to determine which remote hosts to connect to. The client never even tried to connect to LetsEncrypt, because it could not map the LetsEncrypt hostnames to an IP.

This is usually caused by:

• a client with a misconfigured server
  • an outage on the client's network
  • an outage or ban on the client's upstream DNS service
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.