Justhost shared cpanel install

My domain is: mech-lock.com

I ran this command: no root access

It produced this output: n/a

My web server is (include version): apache 2.2.34

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): red hat 4.8.2-15

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: justhost.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): i can ssh, no root access

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cpanel 70.0 (build54)

Is it possible to setup auto renewing certificates without getting a dedicated IP through justhost? I have autoSSL enabled, but still get “connection is not secure” in my browser. What is autoSSL?

Thanks for the help!

edit: after checking with this tool https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=mech-lock.com i get all green checks and it says everything is good… my browser (firefox) still gives me an error and not a green padlock… im confused :frowning:

Check this out:

Also, although you listed your web server version as: apache 2.2.34, SSLLabs shows your site signature as: nginx/1.14.0
See: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=mech-lock.com

The good news is even though I’m not familiar with just host, you do have a current LE cert and LE should work well with cPanel. So, maybe a quick chat with the folks at just host will clear up how you can get that renewed automatically.

Yeah I noticed the nginx response from the other site too. That is very interesting because on cPanel it says that I am running that version of apache.

From the response on whynopadlock it seems as if I just need to redirect all http to https and I’m golden. It is just a few of the images are sourced from http and it throws an error.

I think the autoSSL within cPanel will take care of my renewal automatically.

So as it turns out the autoSSL from cPanel was working fine. That is a great tool! It is a bit concerning that it was just rolled out automatically and nobody was really told… but the end result is a good thing.

My problem, as pointed out by the whynopadlock link, was that some of the images were still linked as http not https and I got a mixed content error. This was due to my wordpress theme and a quick google search pointed me towards a find and replace tool (better search replace) with which i searched all my wp tables for http://mech-lock and replaced it with https://mech-lock. I also added a 301 redirect to my .htaccess file to permanently redirect all http requests to https.

Everything seems to be working now! Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.