Issues with Nginx Let's Encrypt Certificate

My domain is: dbts.live

I'm trying to setup Let's Encrypt certificates within a fresh install of Nginx Proxy Manager. This is installed on Debian 11 LXC container in Proxmox.

When I try to setup Let's Encrypt certificate using a DNS Challenge, using Cloudflare as the DNS provider, I get the following error message:

Error: Command failed: . /opt/certbot/bin/activate && pip install --no-cache-dir certbot-dns-cloudflare==$(certbot --version | grep -Eo '0-9+') cloudflare && deactivate
The 'certbot_dns_cloudflare._internal.dns_cloudflare' plugin errored while loading: No module named 'acme.magic_typing'. You may need to remove or update this plugin. The Certbot log will contain the full error details and this should be reported to the plugin developer.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /tmp/certbot-log-drz10np0/log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement certbot-dns-cloudflare==
ERROR: No matching distribution found for certbot-dns-cloudflare==

at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:402:12)
at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:513:28)
at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1100:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:304:5)

I can't seem to figure out why it's throwing this error and I have no experience with 'certbot'. Has anybody seen this before??? If you need any further information please let me know and I'll be happy to provide.

Screenshot for reference:

I'm not sure how this Community can help. While we regularly help people with Certbot, those cases one usually runs Certbot manually. However, with NPM in play, it's rather a "black box" on how NPM installs, manages and uses Certbot. And to me this problem has everything to do with how NPM installed Certbot and you're probably best of asking for help at the NPM support channels. It might be a bug on their end.

4 Likes

It sounds like this issue: certbot-dns-cloudflare install fails. · Issue #2381 · NginxProxyManager/nginx-proxy-manager · GitHub

The solution is presumably to upgrade nginx proxy manager: Upgrading | Nginx Proxy Manager

4 Likes

Thanks for the responses. In the end I re-installed nginx proxy manager as a docker container, rather than Proxmox LXC container and it worked just fine.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.