Is there a way I can just provide a CSR and get a cert manually?

Yes! That’s why I so regret us originally using 10.10 instead of 10.04, which was LTS!

Yeah. All the other software – like curl, wget, or Python – is probably using the OS’s old versions of GnuTLS and OpenSSL.

Even 10.04 has been EOL since 2015, though.

But 10.04 had an upgrade path.
Did 10.10 have one too?

It would have been easier to do upgrades (I think) in the past. Sigh. Oh well. I really should update all these distros, but can’t figure out how to without creating new instances for each one, rather than simply “upgrading.”

10.10 -> 11.04 -> 11.10 -> 12.04 -> 14.04 -> 16.04 -> 18.04 (-> 18.10). I think.

You can still upgrade, it’s just not fun.

Virtualize them!

If the upgrade crashes - just rollback and try again :slight_smile:

Hmm… Maybe I’ll try with one dev server and see how well that works. Thanks.

doug

Although it’s possible that since some of the earlier distros in that chain have also reached EOL, the packages associated with them may actually no longer be available from the Ubuntu servers!

Ubuntu mirrors packages from EOL releases on http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/. As long as you can configure which mirrors are used and the upgrade process doesn’t depend on anything else, it should work. I think.

closed #30

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.