Invalid response: unauthorized (404) with certbot certificate generation (all details provided)

Thanks for the help and information @JuergenAuer,

I’ve removed the <VirtualHost *443> for the time being (until the certificates are created and configured correctly in those entries).

This leaves me with each apache configuration looking like the following:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName emile.bpdl.eckidev.com

AssignUserId emile emile

ServerAdmin dev@eckinox.ca
    DocumentRoot "/home/emile/emile.bpdl.eckidev.com/public_html/"

Define PROJECT_PATH "/home/emile/emile.bpdl.eckidev.com"
    Include conf-available/website.conf
</VirtualHost>

Now at this point, here is the result of apachectl -S:

VirtualHost configuration:
*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
         default server bpdl.eckidev.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/bpdl.eckidev.com.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost bpdl.eckidev.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/bpdl.eckidev.com.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost david.bpdl.eckidev.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/david.bpdl.eckidev.com.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost demo.bpdl.eckidev.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/demo.bpdl.eckidev.com.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost emile.bpdl.eckidev.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/emile.bpdl.eckidev.com.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost jd.bpdl.eckidev.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/jd.bpdl.eckidev.com.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost pa.bpdl.eckidev.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pa.bpdl.eckidev.com.conf:1)

One vhost per domain, all on port 80, and all of which look like the above snippet.

However, I still get the same “unauthorized” response with a 404 error.