Invalid response from /.well-known/acme-challenge

Do you mean unknown/hidden [as much as possible]?
Because all certs [which includes all the names in it] are publicly published.
If you have a cert, it's name is known to the Internet.
And global DNS will resolve those names to their current IP.

Have a look at:
crt.sh | davehust.me

2 Likes

To be honest, I don't know what I want when it comes to that. I just want to get the compiler taking in code and giving me back the results.

OK, then start as simple as possible.
Can you get web server to connect using HTTP://{compiler.IP}/...?

2 Likes

Ok. I think I got most of this now. I compiler.davehust.me going to a static IP address and it looks like it has the cert for HTTPS now! Now I just need to connect to it. Thank you.

1 Like

I think you may have missed/completely overlooked my security concerns.

But this is not a security forum...
So, if you are happy, I am happy.

2 Likes

Definitely didn't overlook. I would like to learn about them if you have time. I'll have to do this later though.
I said thanks before but you deserve A HUGE THANKS!!! This was what I was missing for over a week and you saved me. Much appreciated. What should I look into next to make sure this is secure?

1 Like

I work for :beer: - LOL

But if are not of the :beer: giving kind, I encourage you to donate something to LE

2 Likes

Well, if you have a firewall on the compiler system...
You should see the connections [you could limit the allowed IPs] and the ports being used.
If the compiler is using nginx, you should see access logs [that can be configured to show details like which ciphers where used, time spent, bytes transmitted, etc.]

But from a 10K foot view: I wonder if you really need a globally signed cert for a single connection between two systems that you fully control/admin.
You could just as easily have created a self-signed cert on the compiler and used that for this sole purpose.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.