Installed successfully but having issues with web management panel API

My operating system is (include version): Ubuntu 16.0.4
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Dedicated server
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I can sudo
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): apache2/AMP

Hi i am trying to get a server control panel (AMP) to work with my new certificate. I setup a subdomain and certificate for this.

e.g amp.mywebsite.co.uk which http redirects via ip:8080 to AMP which runs on ip:8080. I have two live certs one for my subdomain and one for my main domain.

The issue i am having is when i fill out the information required by AMP i get a 503 error when visiting the page via ip or subdomain

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at amp.mywebiste.co.uk Port 443

e.g
Webserver.useHTTPS=True
Webserver.CertificatePath=/etc/letsencrypt/live/subdomain.mywebiste.co.uk/cert.pm
Webserver.CertificatePassword=

I have also tried my main domains certificate. Do i need to put anything in password? (I was never asked to set one or set one myself)

I tried attempt to reinstall this existing certificate but i get the error message below:

The selected vhost would conflict with other HTTPS VirtualHosts within Apache. Please select another vhost or add ServerNames to your configuration.

If i use this config leaving both blank it loads and i still have the green lock. Is this secure?

Webserver.useHTTPS=True
Webserver.CertificatePath=
Webserver.CertificatePassword=

Thanks

Hello @rogermoores,

I've never used AMP but checking this post on their forum seems you need to convert your certificate to pfx.

To convert your current cert to pfx you should do something like this (replace yourdomain.tld by your actual domain):

openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -inkey /etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain.tld/privkey.pem -in /etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain.tld/fullchain.pem

Above command will ask for a password and will create the file certificate.pfx in the same dir where you are running the command.

Once created you should modify your AMP conf file:

Webserver.useHTTPS=True
Webserver.CertificatePath=/path/to/certificate.pfx
Webserver.CertificatePassword=herethepasswordyouusedtocreatethepfx

If you need more help it will be worth to ask on AMP forums because this topic is not related to Let's Encrypt.

Cheers,
sahsanu

1 Like

Yup that’s it. Spent all day trying to work this out lol. I really appreciate your help thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.