Install Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate on CentOS 8

Ask “JuergenAuer”. I opened a new topic about my new problem but he closed it and merged it with this topic.
Please see “Emergency help about my Web Site”.

If you only want HTTP, then remove the redirection lines:

and restart your web server.

4 Likes

WHY?
The "real" name of the server has absolutely nothing to do with the domain name(s) that it serves.

4 Likes

“too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains” .
How can i reset the limitation? Any contact form?

Because it's one of the many issues going on in this topic. Why on earth are you editing the hosts file?

You can't. Wait a week from when the first of those five identical certs was issued.

5 Likes

I did it because of mismatch error and I think “localhost.localdomain” is not OK when I have a domain like exampleexample.net

No contact address for reset?

I didn’t know it :(, I thought it is good.

As I've already explained (twice), this is because your system is serving the default self-signed cert. And despite repeated requests, you haven't shared your configuration, so we can't tell you what to fix to stop doing this.

No. You've asked Let's Encrypt to do the work of issuing you a cert five times within the last week, and then (apparently) thrown away the result of that work--or at least ignored it and asked them to do it again. Why should they do it again? Use one of the five certs you've already issued, or wait for a week from the time the first one was issued.

7 Likes

I shared my configuration. You can see them.

You shared only part of it and obfuscated it to the point where we can’t test the real site.
What does this show:
apachectl -S

4 Likes

Show ALL the files that are being included.
One of them may be causing you trouble.

4 Likes

Thank you, but not matter now. I removed certbot and converted my site to http.

That’s really a cheap shot when you’ve consistently refused to provide the basic information we’ve repeatedly asked for to help you.

7 Likes

A lot of people here have tried to answer your questions. You do not seem to me to care much about their answers or about helping them to answer your questions. I’m glad that you managed to get certbot removed successfully and your http restored. Once you can get your configuration together and have a clear idea of what you are trying to accomplish as it relates to security with SSL/TLS certificates, we’re more than happy to help.

6 Likes

I think this thread has run its course; the long context makes it too difficult to provide useful help or guidance for any new questions.

Please don’t give up on HTTPS; that’s what we’re here for! If you want to continue troubleshooting, @Hack3rcon, please start a new thread with a specific question and we’ll go from there.

Thanks, everyone.

7 Likes