Icecast 2.4.4 on Ubuntu 19.10

heheh no worries, sincerely appreciate all your help

the DNS for stream.doof.fm on the hosting is also pointing to 103.43.75.123

2 Likes

good human, you have been a gem!

redirecting the DNS of the website to the Icecast IP has worked a treat and I was able to get the cert up and running…

now to configure the rest of Icecast to use the cert and I’ll be in business.

thank you so much for your patience and ready responses :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Glad to be of service :slight_smile:
:beers: from Miami

1 Like

stay safe out there!!

2 Likes

heya,
could the issue be that the domain hosting provider is already giving ssl cert so when certbot tries it, it wigs out?

1 Like

Those two things are unrelated.
When you say “wigs out” … do you have any specific error message or log entry?

1 Like

@doof: learn from @eivind. (Subdomain mess-up with two local IPs)

There’s a pretty interesting piece of software called azuracast that does everything you need, just install that instead of icecast by itself. :smiley:

1 Like

I can confirm that Azuracast mostly works. Icecast by itself seems not to play nice with https, but Azuracast proxies everything through ports 443 and 80.

1 Like

Did you get the reverse proxy to work without mixed content, at last?

(I think it needs some kind of headers added to the reverse proxy config, maybe you can adapt this nginx config and see if it works – or maybe this for apache, only copy the proxy directives)

1 Like

HEY!!
this Azuracast thing has worked for me (though it took a while to figure it all out {as usual})

right now I’m so happy because I’ve been banging my head on a wall for 3 days straight trying to figure it out…

Azuracast has given me the solution I needed, but I still want to play around with doing everything myself and see how far I can get…

but that is for another day… right now, imma go dance in rain coz I got what I needed.

thank you so so so much to everyone who shared input to help me figure this out… I’ll be back soon!

much love
a

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.