I want to learn Systems Admin - where do I start?

Hi

The browser was telling people that the certificate had expired, big red warning, not good! It frightened me and I had a hard time trouble shooting the problem because I’m not a sys admin, I installed the certificates by following online tutorials I found online.

The browser warning went away, but, I don’t want to be in that situation again, I want to learn Ubuntu and Nginx, I’ve found two courses online. Do you think that after taking those courses I’ll have a better understanding of how to trouble shoot this kind of thing in future, or is there something else I’d need to learn to be able to wrap my head around SSL and certificates and stuff?

Thank you.

Best wishes, Michael

Hi Michael,

Without knowing the courses you are referring to, it’s difficult to be certain - it should help a lot though :slight_smile:

Also, when you have an issue, ask ( and provide as much info as possible - including the domain name etc), and I’m sure you’ll get pointers on how to debug things.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes of course, it would help if I had mentioned which courses, I think todays experience blew one or two brain cells hah and I’m in a frenzy. Thanks any way, I think I know what I have to do, and yeah these courses should make light of what the next step is. Right now I have a hard time knowing how to cd into the right directory lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.