I think LE blocked me, after 18hrs tells me to sleep for 12 hours

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: nsm.mx and qumma.edu.mx, controller.qumma.edu.mx, juridicoenradio.com.mx

I ran this command: /root/.acme.sh/acme.sh --issue -d nsm.mx -d www.nsm.mx --cert-file /etc/letsencrypt/live/nsm.mx/cert.pem --key-file /etc/letsencrypt/live/nsm.mx/privkey.pem --fullchain-file /etc/letsencrypt/live/nsm.mx/fullchain.pem -w /usr/local/lsws/Example/html -k ec-256 --force --server letsencrypt

It produced this output: [Wed Apr 5 09:07:32 PM CST 2023] Using CA: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory
[Wed Apr 5 09:07:32 PM CST 2023] Multi domain='DNS:nsm.mx,DNS:www.nsm.mx'
[Wed Apr 5 09:07:33 PM CST 2023] Getting domain auth token for each domain
[Wed Apr 5 09:07:33 PM CST 2023] It seems the CA server is currently overloaded, let's wait and retry. Sleeping 41169 seconds.

My web server is (include version): LITESPEED/1.7.16 OPEN

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22.08

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Ionos

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): CyberPanel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 2.5.0

This is my first time without cPanel and unfortunately I had MANY problems with the DNS yesterday so I erased and reconfigured my site MULTIPLE times with SSL creation, since it was automatic I didn't notice I was creating me a problem... I really think I'm blocked because waiting 12 hours on SSH sounds outlandish.... help please!

Your client isn't showing the error messages, which doesn't help. I've checked our internal logs for that domain:

too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: nsm.mx,www.nsm.mx, retry after 2023-04-06 14:33:43 UTC

Since you've presumably erased the previous 5 certificates you've had issued, you'll have to wait until 2023-04-06 14:33:43 UTC, which is about 11 hours from now.

As a workaround, you can add a different domain, because the limit is on issuing identical certificates.

3 Likes

Ok thank you! You were very helpul, I'll try tomorrow again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please don't use this option.

3 Likes

Please show:
certbot certificates
acme.sh --list

3 Likes

For acme.sh?

3 Likes

Are you using both acme.sh and certbot? Maybe show output of both of these:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.