I suppressed some websites in my server and it blocks the certificate renewal of my actual websites... How may i suppress those old domains?

Please since I suppressed some websites : "levacoa, ldpneus, maxxis, accessdistrib"... etc in my server and it blocks the renewal of my actual websites... How may i suppress those old domains??
errors remain with www.levacoa.com and levacoa.com last one I deleted

My domain is: reunioninformatique.re / mail.reunioninformatique.re

I ran this command: certbot-auto renew

It produced this output:

Challenge failed for domain levacoa.com
Challenge failed for domain www.levacoa.com
http-01 challenge for levacoa.com
http-01 challenge for www.levacoa.com
Cleaning up challenges
Attempting to renew cert (mail.reunioninformatique.re) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/mail.reunioninformatique.re.conf produced an unexpected error: Some challenges have failed.. Skipping.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

My web server is (include version): Debian 8 Jessie

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: OVH

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): ISPConfig Version: 3.2.7p1

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot-auto 1.9.0

If you are absolutely sure that all the domains you need are validating fine, add this option to your certbot renew command:

--allow-subset-of-names
                    When performing domain validation, do not consider it
                    a failure if authorizations can not be obtained for a
                    strict subset of the requested domains. This may be
                    useful for allowing renewals for multiple domains to
                    succeed even if some domains no longer point at this
                    system. This option cannot be used with --csr.
                    (default: False)
6 Likes

I did it
but there's still errors remaining and my mail server still isn't recognised with ssl security

May I change something so it does not ask for the renewal of my old deleted sites??

you can generate a totally new certificate for the domain names you need.

you may even generate several, one per domain.

6 Likes

Thx a lot, trying to find a topic...

1 Like

It's exactly like you generated the certificate the first time. But instead of running

certbot [your other options] -d "example.com,www.example.com,blog.example.com,mail.example.com,example.org,www.example.org,wiki.example.org"

you run several commands:

• certbot [your other options] -d "example.com,www.example.com"
  • certbot [your other options] -d "blog.example.com"
  • certbot [your other options] -d "mail.example.com"
  • certbot [your other options] -d "example.org,www.example.org"
  • certbot [your other options] -d "wiki.example.org"

Each command will yield a separate certificate that you'll have to install in the appropriate server. You can use the --deploy-hook option to automate that for you on renewal.

4 Likes

That's a mess. You should probably retire that system and migrate to a newer one.

4 Likes

I resolved it : the problem was I activated the option Let's Encrypt under The interface ISPconfig : Website / Web Domain / Domain
once disactivated my Mail SSL option is OK!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.