I reached the limit of getting certificates

Hi when I execute this command

sudo certbot --nginx -d panel.melonhost.cz

It types me that I have reached 5 certificates in 68 hours and I want to ask you if you can reset me that limit please?

My domain is:
panel.melonhost.cz

Thank you so much.

No, it is not possible to reset your limit.

You should have been shown a link to the page below which explain the limit and a possible work-around.

But, you should have 5 valid certs already on your system. Can't you just use one of those? What does the command sudo certbot certificates show?

5 Likes

The problem is that I reinstalled my OS and removed everything from the computer.

Well, I guess you now know to take better backups :slight_smile:

Review the linked article to see if the work-around is possible. Otherwise you will have to wait or maybe use a different free ACME CA while you wait.

5 Likes

And is it reset from the first certificate or from the last one?

It is a rolling seven day limit. You should have been shown a date and time when a retry may be successful.

4 Likes

Five times?

3 Likes

And can I somewhere check when my domain is avialable for another certificate?

Any of the sites that show the public CT logs such as this one.

https://tools.letsdebug.net/cert-search?m=domain&q=panel.melonhost.cz&d=168

Although, sometimes they are slow to show the latest one. In your case there was another one issued on December 13th which I can see using a tool that requires a subscription. But once your December 11th certificate is older than 168 hours you should be able to get another cert

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.