I have set up listmonk in my AWS, Facing a Issue will generating SSL for my website

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: listmonk.sorm.as
I ran this command: trying generate a certificate with nginx and cerbot docker

It produced this output:
Requesting a certificate for listmonk.sorm.as and www.listmonk.sorm.as

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: webroot). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: listmonk.sorm.as
Type: connection
Detail: 3.**.0.*: Fetching http://listmonk.sorm.as/.well-known/acme-challenge/KAQJ5TOGCRKioIsNG00n2iKRTIfkSTm3BZ_Hiaw4LU8: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

Domain: www.listmonk.sorm.as
Type: dns
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for www.listmonk.sorm.as - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for www.listmonk.sorm.as - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the temporary challenge files created by Certbot. Ensure that the listed domains serve their content from the provided --webroot-path/-w and that files created there can be downloaded from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

Reloading nginx ...

2023/04/21 22:35:01 [emerg] 10#10: cannot load certificate "/etc/letsencrypt/live/listmonk.sorm.as/fullchain.pem": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:80000002:system library::No such file or directory:calling fopen(/etc/letsencrypt/live/listmonk.sorm.as/fullchain.pem, r) error:10000080:BIO routines::no such file)
nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/letsencrypt/live/listmonk.sorm.as/fullchain.pem": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:80000002:system library::No such file or directory:calling fopen(/etc/letsencrypt/live/listmonk.sorm.as/fullchain.pem, r) error:10000080:BIO routines::no such file)
root@ip-...:/home/ubuntu/listmonk# sudo cerbot

My web server is (include version): AWS

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

The errors are pretty self-explanatory, aren't they? The Let's Encrypt validation servers weren't able to connect to http://listmonk.sorm.as, which is likely because there's a firewall blocking connections. And there are no DNS records for www.listmonk.sorm.as.

5 Likes

Hi @Goutham, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

AWS has firewall/access rules.
Ensure that HTTP [TCP port 80] is allowed from "all" within the AWS panel.

The DNS issue is straightforward: You need to create an entry in your DNS zone for it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.