Hypermart.com certificate installation

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:n9god.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):debian

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:hypermart.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Without knowing if you're either capable of logging in as root to your host or you're using a control panel to manage your site, it's very hard to guide you further I'm afraid. Therefore, the only thing I can do I guess is point you to the "getting started" guide of the Let's Encrypt site:

Also, your site seems to have a perfectly fine Let's Encrypt set up at https://n9god.com/. The only thing that's missing is a HTTP to HTTPS redirect.

Your sites certificate seems to be around since 2018 and it's renewing perfectly every 2 months, like clockwork, as it should, probably automated, also as it should. See: https://crt.sh/?Identity=n9god.com&deduplicate=Y

3 Likes

Thanks Osiris for your time and attention. As you probably can guess, I'm no keyboard warrior. The problem I first encountered was being locked out of the hosting site - WIN10 and Microsoft Defender felt THEIR certificate was mismatched - and the "English-as-a 5th-language" support staff could do no more than follow a script, endlessly having me try various browsers [ they just could't get it in their heads that it was the OS not the browser ] had me to the point of exhaustion LOL. Then I discovered despite being unable to access my dashboard, I could still do ftp transfers to update the site, I just could access mail, stats, etc.
Finally, domains.com staff tried to upsell my a certificate, inplying the existing one was the problem. Uhuh, not mine. Anyway, long story short, I suspected everything was okay and I'm overjoyed to have you confirm it.

Don "Rick" Weissgerber

2 Likes

@donw1948 Your site is not sending a valid certificate right now. I just looked at it with SSL Labs and it says you are sending a cert created by the Let's Encrypt TEST (Staging) system. Browsers will warn about insecure connections with such a cert.
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=nextcloud.torquetum.eu&hideResults=on

2 Likes

Okayy, and how do I correct that?

Don "Rick" Weissgerber

What tool do you use to create your certs?

It will also be helpful to know the answers to the other questions on the initial questionnaire

2 Likes

Here is a screenshot of my hosting control panel

Don "Rick" Weissgerber

Don "Rick" Weissgerber

I don't see anything on that screen related to SSL certificates

2 Likes

Mike McQ,

As far as I know, I have never "created" a certificate. Since the start, I have used Microsoft Web 4 for page creation and ftp support. I "think" at the start, everything else was handled by hypermart.com. To be honest, the poblems came up when my hosting renewal went over due and they suspended access.

Don "Rick" Weissgerber

Here is a screenshot of my hosting control panel

Don "Rick" Weissgerber

Don "Rick" Weissgerber

If they created your certs for you then you need to contact your service for advice.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.