thanks for the fast answer. We are using Heroku for hosting, which is a cloud hosting service provider.
At the moment we have to run everything on a command line.
- login on Heroku (command line)
- start the certbot script with “certonly” option and process until the validation has to be done
- make the file with the specified content available. This usually means:
create the file locally, commit on Github, deploy code and wait until dynos are restarted
or (like we do at the moment)
create a special router script which handles all calls on the URL starting with “.well-known” and get the data from an environment variable which then has to be set (we do this via command line) and wait until dynos are restarted
- continue with the next domain (in total we have 6 with the same certificate)
- after all domains are validated we have to put the certificate to the server, again via command line
I hope the process got clear. What I would like to do is create a plugin for Heroku which first matches just our needs, but after everything is working, I would love to share this with the community as well.