How to solve "unauthorized" error with Certbot

My site was running correctly for a few months and when I tried to renew my SSL certificate through certbot I am getting this error.
Droplet: Litespeed
Domain from: Cloudflare
Domain: fitnationplus.com

Error: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I ran this command: Certbot renew

It produced this output: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

My web server is (include version): Litespeed

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): WordPress 4.8

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: DigitalOcean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes, I can

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): 0.40.0

1 Like

Sorry no one responded yet. But, do you still need help?

I see your site just fine at https://fitnationplus.com

The certs were issued by Cloudflare and you are using their CDN.

Are the certs using certbot from LE for your origin server? If so, have you considered using the Cloudflare Origin Cert instead?

If that is not helpful, please provide the contents of the file in /etc/letsencrypt/renewal for this domain. You could blank out the account Id if you wish. Thanks

5 Likes

I have deleted LE certificates. And kept Cloudflare SSL at flexible. I want to install Cloudflare Origin Cert but I didn't find any tutorial. I installed WordPress through digital ocean's Litespeed one-click deploy. And LiteSpeed's webadmin is not active.

The best place to ask questions about that is the Cloudflare community forum

You can set the Origin CA Cert with a very long expiration so you do not have to worry about it expiring. If this works for you it is a nice solution.

If you want to return to Let's Encrypt, please post the contents of the file I described earlier and we can start to debug why it was failing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.