How To Renew SSL For A Redirected Domain

Hello,
I’m using let’s encrypt SSL on my website. As this is free, may I know if there is any advantage of installing premium SSL?

Also, how I renew SSL on my redirected domain as it gets expired within 3 months. To renew it, I’ve to remove the redirection code and renew the SSL.

Hi,

In my opinion,
The main difference between let’s encrypt certificate & paid certificate is the lifetime (LE would always be 90 days and others have at least 1 year)

The other difference (that worth noticing) is the way to request the certificate.

Let’s encrypt mainly support two verification methods : server based & DNS based, while other CAs support email based etc…

Not really… How do you obtained the certificate originally? You could renew the certificate via DNS challenges…

Thank you

Hi @mohsinkhan

you should modify your redirect rule.

Exclude /.well-known/acme-challenge/ from redirect.

Then you don’t need to remove the redirection code if you want to renew your certificate.

Thanks a lot. I’ll give this a try.

I was an automated process through Cloudways. Well, I’ll try the solution given by fellow community member. Thanks for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.