How to remove an entry (not certificate) from interactive menu

Hi,
I successfully installed certbot for my two domains and virtual hosting with apache Web server.
Is it possible to remove two wrong entries from the interactive menu certbot certonly --apache? The certificates are not provided since the URL is wrong.
Thank you

Hi @erotavlas

Certbot doesn't create an interactive menu. So it's a function of that menu -> check that documentation.

Hi,
thank you for the fast reply. I did not say that cerbot creates an interactive menu. If you execute the above command certbot certonly --apache you will see an interactive menu with two entries that I would like to remove. Is it possible? I did not find it on documentation.

That's something of your machine. Nothing I can see.

Do you have a screenshot?

This is the message:

sudo certbot certonly --apache
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Plugins selected: Authenticator apache, Installer apache

Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?

1: example1.org
2: www.example1.org
3: example2.org
4: www.mexample2.org

Select the appropriate numbers separated by commas and/or spaces, or leave input
blank to select all options shown (Enter 'c' to cancel):

I would like to remove 2 and 4 even if they do not have any certificate.

If you use that command, Certbot asks.

So start with

sudo certbot certonly --apache -d example1.org -d example2.org

Certbot just parses your Apache configuration for ServerName and ServerAlias directives to make the list of potential names.

If you want to totally get rid of a site, you can delete it from your Apache configuration.

I don’t think Certbot has a feature to exclude names it finds in Apache from the list. But you don’t have to choose to issue certificates for them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.